RSS

The Fragrance of Memories: Yinka@50

10 May
The Fragrance of Memories: Yinka@50
Dependable God, no matter what comes my way, you are still GOD!

From the rising sun on a wet Wednesday morning of May 10 in the year 1972, a baby girl was delivered into the Gansallo family house, at the famous Island Maternity Hospital on Lagos Island. Indeed, a wide-eyed cry announced my landing which foretold a bewildering future.

The astonishing resemblance of my late paternal Great-Grandmother, Lady Sophia Mori-Lewa DaSilva was so noticeable, I was instantly nicknamed “Atupa Parlor” after her (meaning the bright lantern that brightens a room) or sometimes “Emi Mama l’oke” (grandma’s breath) usually indicating the strong enduring personality of her industrious nature and philanthropy.

Today as I turn 50, I am beyond words on how many descriptive adjectives I have left in me from Professor Alo’s semantics class at Uniport, which is so unlike me. But deep inside, I can feel this colossal triumphant jubilation going on, it’s like there’s a non-stop praise gig happening! And am being invited to celebrate.

When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, ‘The LORD has done great things for them” and we are filled with joy.

So, sometimes in life we get the chance to start again, we breathe deep to stand tall. We are offered a choice to either deal with the hiccups life throws at us, live with it or leave it behind.

We prepare to make our way without knowing whether the future will wait for us to catch up on missed opportunities… or we just brave it, with our faith, with love by relying on our reflective light.

For me, this is the morning that I’ve dreamed of. The anniversary of all the enchanting and whimsical events I have encountered! Jubilee of unbelievable but jaw dropping testimonies! Reminiscing on all the principled life skills and platform for spirituality my Mother has instilled in me, the importance of education and values of setting goals mentoring from the most astute man I know, my late father.

Oh, there’s been lots of amazing people that have been positioned into my life for a purpose! Stood by me through attestation of pain and grief, now turned into pure delight to brighten the path for others too, but with a lesson to brace me for my next decade.

Perhaps, this is the dawn… the new day, the road that leads back to living well. When we reminiscence and are in amazement. Everything we thought was lost yesterday, but still tucked in our memories with gratitude.
I am who You say I am. I am chosen. I am Loved.

My Gratitude Runs Deep.

And my journey begins, with steps so few, that a child could count them.

A new dawn… forged by the force of life itself.

And if I have spent a lot of my life trying to understand why and how absurd things happen, trying to have boundaries, and then trying to enforce them. Well, I’m finally understanding that I don’t need to be loud or demanding to have healthy boundaries. I don’t need to determine how other people behave around me. I just need to pre-decide how I will react when other people behave otherwise.

He is a healing GOD! defeated cancer, erasing Autism. Indeed, He is a healing God!

Setting healthy boundaries means being clear about asserting one’s mental health capability, especially when you clock an important milestone.

And with my ongoing Project 50 and beyond to mark this milestone (www.project50andbeyond.com) I pray for wisdom and ask God to determine my thoughts, words and actions.

As this is just the beginning of a potpourri of untold stories in my memoir. . . ‘The Fragrance of Memories’

Yours in HOPE, as I share one of my favorite songs “Dependable God” by Victor Thompson.

Olayinka.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 responses to “The Fragrance of Memories: Yinka@50

1. Margaret Mary Orjih

May 16, 2022 at 4:45 pm

Happy 50th Birthday woman of God ….. I pray that this your Jubilee year will continue into your next birthdays, bigger celebrations much joy, love , grace and prosperity in the mighty name of Jesus . Love you sis. I celebrate this milestone with you. Woman of God. Blessings.

2. GT4U

May 13, 2022 at 4:35 am

What a day to celebrate @50. We are now looking forward to celebrate 60th,70th , and 80th to enjoy our grandchildren. It is a journey from day one and we put all the glory to the Lord to lead us and guide us. On this 50th birthday 🎉 it was a journey indeed. It’s your special day and have a blast with your children and hubby.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!!
    With unconditional love ❤️ always

3. debbie2k9

May 11, 2022 at 3:06 pm

Happy Happy birthday Sis Yinka! You are truly an amazing lady and one of a kind. This is so beautiful. You’re Fantastic at Fifty!!! 😍. May God bless your new age IJMN. 🙏😘😘😘

4. Ruth baba okpabi

May 10, 2022 at 8:50 pm

Happy birthday my beautiful miss ganzy as we fondly call you God has really been faithful to you and you beautiful family welcome to your jubilee year God will keep you will see your children’s children in Jesus Name enjoy your day girlfriend

5. Bose Oviasu

May 10, 2022 at 12:00 pm

Big congratulations my dearest sister for this golden jubilee. The God that kept you for 50years will keep you for another in Jesus name. Amen. Happy birthday.

Bose Oviasu

6. Adekemi Olayinka

May 10, 2022 at 10:52 am

Happy goldend jubilee to you ma! Wishing you the best year yet! Wishing you many more glorious years IJMN ✨️ ❤️

7. Nikki Kuforiji

May 10, 2022 at 10:30 am

Congratulations Yinka,
    Happy Golden Jubilee birthday to you darling Yinka. May you continue to age gracefully in good health, happiness and prosperity.

8. Nikki Kuforiji

May 10, 2022 at 10:28 am

Congratulations Yinka,
    Happy Golden Jubilee birthday to you darling Yinka. May continue to age gracefully in good health, happiness and prosperity.

9. Kbabaonline

May 10, 2022 at 9:09 am

Happy 50th birthday to you ma , may this year be the year you win more on every side, the fifth floor looks good on you may God grant you long life and good health.🎈🎂❤️🎉🎉🎉 I have a presentation gift for you
    With nice song from my artist. Higher higher shall you go .

OGUNLEKE KAYODE
    KBABA THE LOVE DOCTOR

10. Nikki Ogunsanwo

May 10, 2022 at 9:02 am

Beautiful!!! Congrats on the jubilee milestone and celebration, wishing you many more joyous years in Jesus name’

11. Helen Omoseni

May 10, 2022 at 7:26 am

So beautifully written and so true!!! Happy 50th sis. The 5th floor marks a move to greater glory. You are indeed blessed and it is well with you and all yours…. Lovely pics😘

12. Buky Adetoro Otuyelu

May 10, 2022 at 6:19 am

Happy birthday to a wonderful person with great personality. Yinks, I wish you long life, Gods blessings and prosperity. Enjoy dearie mi.

13. Damilola

May 10, 2022 at 6:03 am

Happy Birthday Ma.🎂🧁

14. queenang0513

May 10, 2022 at 4:45 am

God is great indeed.
    Happy birthday to someone I have known all my life 🥰♥️♥️
    You shall celebrate more milestones in Jesus name.
    See you very soon God willing

• Abiola Olojo

May 11, 2022 at 7:17 pm

Happy birthday my beautiful sister, you are beautiful inside out. I pray that God Almighty will grant you peace, Joy, and healthy life IJN. Love you always ❤️

Your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s